> On 24 Nov 2021, at 21:01, Alan Bateman <alan.bate...@oracle.com> wrote:
>
> On 24/11/2021 18:14, Michał Kłeczek wrote:
>>

>> For sure it’s fun :)
>>
>> Regardless of “smart proxies” the lifetime of ML.Controller should be - if
>> not fixed - at least be documented IMHO. Right now it’s a minefield.
>
> It's also somewhat unusual so I think we'll need to think if this is the
> right thing to do.

It looks like ML.Controller.addExport(source, pn, target) does not update the
target module ClassLoader view of exported packages in the default ClassLoader
implementation (jdk.internal.loader.Loader).
What is the reasoning behind such implementation? I am wondering now how useful
Controller.addExport() really is...

-- Michal