HI Andrew

1.I had specified the Host & Port for the Jmeter same as the proxy ip &
port ( 10.12.11.176 & 8080 )
2.then i canged the IE proxy to loaclhost & port as 8080 and tried to
record ...but nothing is happening .....! and even not able to browse
the net also ...!

i think am doing in the right way .... after installing the Jmeter , i
have set the Jmeter-home & the JDK 1.4 path in the environment, do i
need to do anything else ..... did i go wrong anywhere...

please suggest me how to make the jmeter work for me .

thanx in advance
cheers
Ranjith

> As I understand it,
>
> 1) You have to tell JMeter what your regular web proxy server is by
starting JMeter with the -H -P attributes (for you: 10.12.11.176 & port
is 8080)

> 2) Then you have to tell IE to use the proxy server that JMeter
starts:
> Set the IE proxy to localhost and port to whatever port you have
setup JMeter with (8090?)
> Ensure that you have turned off "Use Automatic Configuration Script"
from that screen in IE.

> Hope that helps.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrew