If the Counter is a child of the Loop Controller, it should be
incremented for each loop.

Works for me in a simple test - I can send you the JMX privately if you want.

S.
On 11/07/07, Hugh Hunter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 09:30 -0500, Scott Carr wrote:
> I am trying to create a task with a counter.  A friend I am trying to
> show how to use jMeter, tried it first, and I tried it on a different
> system.  Both are WinXP, with Java 1.6 and jMeter 2.2.
>
> I have setup the counter as follows:
>
> *  Add Contact  - Loop Controller
>     - Load Contacts Page
>     - Load Contact Edit Form
>     - Save Contact Information (This uses ${ContactCounter})
>     - Load Contact Edit Form
>     - Click Add Phone Number
>     - ContactCount  (Reference Name:  ContactCounter)
>
> When the Save Contact is done, the Name is set to Bond1 which is using
> the Counter as Bond${ContactCounter}.  If I set the Loop to 10, each
> occurance of the Save Contact request has the same number in each loop.
>
> Does anyone have an idea on this?  Am I using the Counter wrong?  It
> looks like it gets initialized to 1 properly, but it doesn't loop at all.
>
> The Counter node is set as follows:
>
> Name:  ContactCount
> Start:  1
> Increment:  1
> Maximum:
> Number format:
> Reference Name:  ContactCounter
> Track counter is not checked.
>
> Thank you

I know the counter increments properly for each iteration through a
thread group.  Maybe do your looping this way instead of using the loop
controller?

--Hugh