Thx for your effort,

I will delete ~/.keystore and check "javax.net.ssl.keyStore" property, that
I haven't changed.

I have some info that may be useful, ... sorry just remembered myself few
moments ago.

The VPN connection is kind of this:

1.  ForwardAgent is on, I have to use the -A option in ssh
2.  As I have to use ForwardAgent I have to set up a second ssh connection
3.  The actual URL I access and try to test is something like

   https://IP_no:8040

4.  With this setup I can access my test server via a URL

   https://SomeURL/path

maybe this vpn forwarding messes things up

I will ask to switch the server to http port80 and do the testing