Hi
Wireshark is sort of for more advanced users
Easiest is ask a developer what the application error logs have
An easier solution is You can use either a recording proxy  (but this needs
some setup) or you can use a TCP tunnel e.g.
http://www.pocketsoap.com/tcpTrace/ which records the traffic.
If your webservice runs on http://WebserviceServer:Port , you run this trace
tool , you specify an arbitrary port and WebserviceServer:Port and in your
client instead of specifying the actual WebserviceServer you specify the IP
and port of the machine running the TCP trace . This will record and forward
traffic . Then you change SOAP UI to point to this tool , run your query -
see the SOAP request AND the headers.
the you run JMeter and compare the request and headers

Also Jmeter has two types of webservice samplers - I believe one of them is
obsolete and shouldnt be used - you can look in the mail archives for
messages from sebb
regards
deepak