Klaus,

When you create an applet, it automatically creates a top-level object with
the name of your applet.

However, you can't do anything with that object until it is at least
started to be created.

Have you tried any of the html files in the jsmol/ directory? There are
plenty of examples of this. One  that comes to mind is
http://chemapps.stolaf.edu/jmol/jsmol/simple2_old.htm

I do not recommend eval(name), and I have never needed it.

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 2:25 AM, Klaus Schaper <scha...@hhu.de> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>

> Thanks to Rolf, that did the trick! I successfully converted a little bit
> of script to the new syntax and the other functions will hopefully cause no
> problems.
>

> However, one more problem remains. After converting the script to the new
> syntax using
>

> 1) Jmol.getApplet(Ziel, Info);
>

> and
>

> 2) Jmol.script(eval(name), commands);
>

> The code will run in my JSmol enviiroment, but not in the Jmol environment.
>

> My conclusion is, that
>
> either the new syntax is not compatible to the old Jmol using JAVA,
>
> or that I did not include all necessary files in my html document. Which
> files (beside the old Jmol.js) do I have to include?
>

> Klaus

> PD Dr. Klaus Schaper
>

> http://www.photochemie.hhu.de/ oder http://www.klaus-schaper.de
>

> e-mail: scha...@klaus-schaper.de
>

> Arbeitsgruppe für Organische Photochemie
>
> Institut für Organische Chemie und Makromolekulare Chemie I
>
> Raum 26.43.00.27
>

> Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf
>
> Universitätsstr. 1
>
> D-40225 Düsseldorf
>
> Deutschland
>

> Telefon: +49 211 81 12571
>
> FAX: +49 211 81 14324

Robert M. Hanson
Larson-Anderson Professor of Chemistry
Chair, Department of Chemistry
St. Olaf College
Northfield, MN
http://www.stolaf.edu/people/hansonr

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900