Hi Jonathan

I've seen this kind of a problem occasionally (my system is configured for
Spanish so the JSmol popup menu opens in Spanish, and has accented
characters), but have not been able to track it down.

I think it may be a bad combination of charsets in the several files involved.
I cannot be certain, but the page
http://netmath.vcrp.de/downloads/Systeme/Sage/SpatX.html
declares UTF-8
while https://sagecell.sagemath.org/embedded_sagecell.js seems to be
encoded as "windows-1252"
I am assuming this is the JS file that will call JSmol.min.js (not obvious
though)

and maybe they need to be declared as such or the server configured to
serve them as such. I am not familiar with the particular details.

Please try to make sure of that and let's see if that fixes the problem