> Miguel-
> The file (http://web.centre.edu/muzyka/organic/butane/butane.xyz) DOES
> exist.

Jennifer, you may think that it exists, but it is not true.

Try to open

http://web.centre.edu/muzyka/organic/butane/butane.xyz

in a web browser using the URL above ... you will get a 404 - not found error

I tested it last nite and I tested it just now ... this URL is not
accessible. That is why the applet comes up blank; it cannot access the
file.

> Simple.htm and butane.xyz ARE in the same directory (with the same
> spelling and the same case).

(* Be careful ... don't write 'Simple.htm' with capital letters unless you
mean it. :-)

> Angel's suggestion allowed me to get something working, although I didn't
> have exactly the same situation as he thought.  To get it to work, I have
> to put simple.htm inside the folder where the jmol files are.  That seems
> strange, but I'm happy that I finally got it working.  I previously had
> them in separate folders inside the same folder.

I recommend that people separate the jmol files from their content, but
you should do whatever you feel comfortable doing.

Miguel