Jeff,

it looks as if there would be some kind of timing problem. With the
version I got from your URL it sometimes works with Firefox 2.0.0.16 on
Linux and sometimes not.

===============================
        function appletReady() {
var _dataInfo = jmolGetPropertyAsArray("auxiliaryInfo");
var _jmolText = document.getElementById('jmolText');
_jmolText.value = dump(_dataInfo);
        }

I am wondering if you shouldn't define your textarea 'jmolText' before
calling 'jmolApplet'?

Regards,
Rolf