yes, that's a far better solution anyway. The javascript command cannot be
used with the signed applet in any command that also accesses files --
script, load, echo IMAGE. I had to do something like that in Jmol Protein
Explorer as well. You have to be very careful with more complex scripts that
you aren't mixing these two modes -- javascript commands and file reading --
in the same script thread.

That's one of the reasons I implement the change that # comments are not
simply ignored but instead processed as commands and sent to the script
callback function. That's definitely the way to go with complex scripts like
yours, Eric.

Eric, are you using the signed or unsigned applet?

Bob

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900