Bob,

I took the if statement out and ran this:

set Picking OFF;set Picking ON;set BondPicking TRUE;set allowRotateSelected 
TRUE;unbind "SHIFT-SINGLE-LEFT-DRAG";bind "SHIFT-SINGLE-LEFT-DRAG" "a1 = 
{atomIndex=rot1};a2 = {atomIndex=rot2};b1 = {WITHIN(BRANCH,a1,a2)};b2 = 
{WITHIN(BRANCH,a2, a1)}; select b1;rotateSelected @a1 @a2 @{_DELTAY}";hover off;

It still freezes randomly with console simply terminating at the final pre 
freeze:

a1 = {atomIndex=rot1};
a2 = {atomIndex=rot2};
b1 = {WITHIN(BRANCH,a1,a2)};
b2 = {WITHIN(BRANCH,a2, a1)};
select b1;
rotateSelected @a1 @a2 @{-44};

I went back to 13.3.3 and checked the above with old bind syntax. I also had 
another bind script that I tested on 13.3.3:

set picking off; set picking ON; set atomPicking true; set allowRotateSelected 
TRUE; set picking dragmolecule; unbind "DOUBLE-DRAG"; bind "DOUBLE-DRAG" 
"rotateSelected Y @{_DELTAX*1.5};rotateSelected X @{_DELTAY*1.5}"

Both freeze randomly. These used to work on Safari - even on iPad. So going 
back to 13.3.3 tells me this incompletely a Safari issue.

The recent upgrade to Apple Mavericks OS was not a pleasant experience. Safari 
iPad crashes frequently.

I think I'm going to have to find a non callback way of dealing with this. One 
thing that's a bit of a bummer is that other callbacks (model editing) are also 
freezing, albeit less frequently. Again, these are all Safari Mavericks issues.

One option is to turn modelkitmode on and off as needed. A long time ago you 
sent me an email with hooks for controlling basic edit operations for modelkit 
mode in script. Any chance you still have that email?

Long Post! Bottom line: Mavericks OS JSmol scripters keep your eyes open for 
problems.

Otis

--
Otis Rothenberger
[email protected]
http://chemagic.com




On Nov 3, 2013, at 12:21 AM, Robert Hanson <[email protected]> wrote:

> another thought: This is the sort of error that would come from 
> multithreading -- two threads processing the same code block at the same 
> time. That's not supposed to be possible in JavaScript, but..... maybe 
> Safari....
> 
> 




------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Android is increasing in popularity, but the open development platform that
developers love is also attractive to malware creators. Download this white
paper to learn more about secure code signing practices that can help keep
Android apps secure.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=65839951&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Jmol-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jmol-users

Reply via email to