Dear All,

many thanks for your kind attention and all time you lost to give me some
info about the whole problem,

I had a look to the pages Otis and Bob linked, referring also to the new
topic "Let's Not Forget PubChem".

First of all, I was not fully aware of the integration of OPSIN into the
Resolver. The integration now is at the 1.2 version, while on the OPSIN
site it is claimed that OPSIN 2.1.0 was  released in March, 2016.

I tried the page Otis has just set-up and this is a very interesting way to
help student in determining the name by using both the Resolver and
PubChem. Unfortunately, by writing a few structures the Resolver or even
both the Resolver and PubChem failed to attribute a name. I have used also
structures from my DB and some of them could not be solved by both sites..

1) 7-ethyl-3,5-dimethyl-4-propyldodecane

2) 3-chloro-3-ethyl-4-methylpentanoic acid

Luckily, I tried directly on the OPSIN site and these structure were solved
and all representation were produced, starting from the name that I
indicated on my site as the solution.
I read on the Resolver site that OPSIN is the first trial to solve the
problem and after the Resolver works around the problem to solve it using
other ways. This should let the possibility that the structure that now
made the two sites to fail, should give good results, once the Resolver
will update to this version of OPSIN.