I'm trying to update the way BioJava interacts with Jmol. We're currently
that string to JmolViewer.openStringInline(). Now that Jmol 14.6 is
available in maven, we need to move away from PDB.

My first choice would be to use MMTF as the exchange format. Is there a way
to pass MMTF to Jmol? Resolver.determineAtomSetCollectionReader failed
(probably correctly) to recognize an MMTF binary stream when converted to a
string using the default encoding, so openStringInline() doesn't work.

Possibly related, the mmtf demo at
http://chemapps.stolaf.edu/jmol/jsmol/mmtf.htm gives an unrecognized file
format error for me.

-Spencer