Hi Otis

Not sure if I get your exact intention.

JSmol creates the <div id=JmolApplet0_console> automatically, at least on
first invocation,
so rather than ading that div myself, I'd try forcing its css properties.

Hav you tried a rule with !important  ?

> But evidently a movable absolute object inside a position fixed object does
> not work.

This phrase is not clear to me. If it's absolute positioning, it is relative to
either the page or any parent which is positioned.
JSmol's console div is outside the body tags, so it has no parent ... I guess
the html tag will be the reference.

So let's say you add this in your page

#JmolApplet0_console {
left:800px !important;
top:8px !important;
}

What happens?

---
El software de antivirus Avast ha analizado este correo electrónico en busca de
virus.