Right now we used our own Monitored class to implement a very simple
listener model. I believe that this was done in the past just because we
didn't know anything about GObject and we didn't want to put extra
dependencies on the non-GUI part of Jokosher.

But of course Gstreamer is based on GObject so there isn't much point in
not having Jokosher use GObject. I don't really want to get into all the
technical details, but this is a lot nicer and obviously works
efficiently (cause gstreamer and gtk use it) and then we don't have to
worry about any performance problems associated with out custom listener.

Unless anyone objects (g-objects?) then I will proceed with my plan to
move our non-GUI classes from the our custom listener to Gobject
signals, and because trunk is unfrozen it doesn't really matter if a few
things break during the change over.

Laszlo