I guess this is another case of "do we want to do it like the others
or do what we think is right" or even worse "what the heck are the
others doing?"...
The "feature" with multiple solo instruments is also available in
Garageband... I think it's a pretty useful feature if you're having
lots of instruments and want to listen to just a few of them but I
can also see that it's not the most intuitive choice.

Dennis