Ableton Live[1], solo button behavior works like this:

1. If I just press the solo button, it sets the channel at solo. If i
try soloing another channel, it removes the solo from the previous, so
only one channel is solo at a time (a the term 'solo' states).

2. If I hold down Ctrl+click, I can set more than one channel to solo.

Leaving Ctrl and pressing solo on a channels, takes us to 1, and
cancels any previously soloed channels from 2.

[1]http://www.ableton.com

On 6/20/07, Nick Murtagh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 20/06/07, Laszlo Pandy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > My first impression was that this is a really dumb idea because it makes
> > solo more complicated. But the more I think about it, the more I like
> > it. All that's missing is an effective way to convey the difference to
> > the user without confusing them, and it would be a pretty cool feature.
>
> I think it depends who your target audience is:
>
> Users of existing audio software
>   - the standard way of doing things is to be able to solo multiple tracks
>
> Audio software newbies
>   - remove solo altogether and add two buttons: "Mute All Tracks" and
> "Unmute All Tracks"

Panos Laganakos