Hi Folks,

I'm being asked to explicitly define the license Jokosher is
distributed under. GPL is fine, but it does mean that according to:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing

"A GPL or LGPL licensed package that lacks any statement of what
version that it's licensed under in the source code/program
output/accompanying docs is technically licensed under *any* version
of the GPL or LGPL, not just the version in whatever COPYING file they
include."

A quick grep through the source code only shows that the docs are
distributed under GFDL 1.1 or later.

Could one of the devs give a definitive answer on this, even if you
hate licenses and think that the GPLv3 eats babies. I promise I am not
an undercover agent trying to start another GPL argument but it is
causing some drastic changes in my distro of choice, as it may well be
doing in others. As I see it the options are:

GPL (qv. I couldn't care less)
GPL v2 only
GPL v2 or later
GPL v3 only (hahaha..... okay I've stopped laughing now).
GPL v3 or later (crystal ball stuff)

"Let the games begin!" - Hedonismbot, Futurama

Cheers
Chris

--
http://www.chruz.com