Hi Everyone, Below is my report as always which you can find at  and you can get my code at . This week has been difficult and very little reward for my efforts but having note drawing that works is nearly in my grasp!.
------------------Weekly Report--------------------------- What I’ve done this week: This week I’ve been working on getting a Mouse Listener set up so the user can add notes to the stave. It doesn’t work and I’m not really sure why, I’m fairly certain I’ve got the context set right but further experimentation is needed and it may be worth asking for help from my mentor. If I can get it to update the cairo context with the pango note then it will work on a basic level. I’ve also got a clear idea of how I’m going to get the note based on position, which will be based on the x/y values of the mouse click. So if the click is within say 10-20 pixels then that note will be an A or whatever the correct note for that value will be. It’s frustrating that it doesn’t work as I’m so close to having something I can be proud of and actually have a note editor that’s working. I’ve also modified the Add Instrument dialog to include a seperate Notebook tab of Midi instruments and added midi Instrument copies of the current instruments (apart from a few that I’ve taken out that weren’t suitable for midi instruments, like Effect/Audio File). You can find the screenshots on my blog at . What I plan to do next week: Getting the note drawing to work and different cleffs based on the currently selected Instrument (like a Piano will have both the treble and bass cleff).I’ll also start connecting the model and source element to the rest of Jokosher. With this done I will then start cleaning up any of the elements that are left over from subclassing the Event Viewer and making sure that no weird behavior is experienced when using the note editor. For example I know that shift + left click will try and split the event even though there’s no wave form to split. I think a lot of that work is just disabling a lot of it and modifying the existing elements so they work with the Score events. Only when all of this is done will I start working on the in depth Score Editor, as this is secondary to actually having Score Events that work!. What I’ve learned this week: That Pango is a fairly simple library to use it can just get really confusing to figure out what’s going on at times. I’ve also found that using Glade can be awkward if you aren’t skilled at using GTK, with a lot of the shortcuts being confusing to someone who isn’t used to it. I think I have really started getting used to GTK and all I can do now is learn more and more about it and how to use it effectively. As it’s nearing the end of GSoC I have been thinking about the goals I set out to achieve and the work I’ve put in and I think I’ve learned a massive amount in the last 2 months. I think I’ve learned more in those 2 months than I did in the 9 months I spent at University learning Java, which was my first language. I may have over reached slightly with my project but I think I can come as close as possible to finishing before the Pencils down date. I just need to push forward and get the things that need to be done completed. It may not be 100% complete but it’s going to be as close as I can possibly get it in the time left!.  - http://wp.me/pjdJf-2A  - https://code.launchpad.net/~redache/jokosher/MusicXMLEditor Thanks for reading, David Williams, Extending Jokosher with a Musical Notation Editor. _______________________________________________ jokosher-devel-list mailing list email@example.com http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/jokosher-devel-list