Hi Max,

That's very interesting, thanks for linking. I wasn't aware of this
PostgreSQL specific behaviour. That's weird. The main reason for using
collations is to override sort behaviour as far as I have learned this from
other databases. I suspect there is some historic reason why this isn't
currently the case in PostgreSQL.

CITEXT is a useful data type, but sometimes, you want to have case
sensitive content but only sort (or filter) things case insensitively on an
ad-hoc basis.

In any case, https://github.com/jOOQ/jOOQ/issues/7882 is implemented for
jOOQ 3.12. For the time being, you can work around the missing feature by
using LOWER() yourself in your own code.

Thanks again for the pointers,
Lukas