I stumble from time to time over the following problem: I want to map the
result of a query into a DTO. The DTO should be derived from an updateble
record generated by the code generator and extended by a few additional
attributes.

public class MyDto extends MyTableRecord {
  private int additionalAttribute1;
}

With the query
jooq.select(MyTableRecord.fields())
.select(ANOTHER_TABLE.ANOTHER_FIELD.as("additionalAttribute1")
.join(ANOTHER_TABLE).on(...)
.fetchInto(MyDto.class)

only the properties defined in the MyTableRecord are mapped and returned,
not the additionalAttribute1 ? Why is this and how can I solve this ?

Kind regards
Dominik