From: jooq-user@googlegroups.com <jooq-user@googlegroups.com> on behalf of
Kevin Jones <ke...@knowledgespike.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 5, 2023 10:37
To: jooq-user@googlegroups.com <jooq-user@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Code Generation Directory

If I don't set the base directory when I create the task the generation seems
to fail silently. The task runs OK but there's no output (I do a full search of
the disk on my Mac and there's nothing). The generation takes the same time as
when output is produced so it's doing something.

If I leave out the  $buildDir from the source set definition that doesn't
change anything.

I can also create a new sourceSet, rather than add to the 'main' source set:

sourceSets.create("generated") {
    java.srcDir("$buildDir/generated/java")
}

but again if I leave out the $buildDir then it doesn't change anything.

If I call setBuildDir("") in the generate task then the task blows up when I
run it (I was wondering if it would use some sort of default),

It's a small application so I think splitting it out into a separate Gradle
project would be overkill at the moment but it's definitely something I'll keep
in mind for the future.

Thanks again for your time on this,

Kevin

jooq-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:jooq-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jooq-user/CAKT%3DYsOc6e_Y%3D2ikkU-nfJR-rWrqjY85pyz9atTHwZFGpnuLyw%40mail.gmail.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jooq-user/CAKT%3DYsOc6e_Y%3D2ikkU-nfJR-rWrqjY85pyz9atTHwZFGpnuLyw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.