Hi Lucas,

Currently, I am using database-schema.xml file and jooq-codegen-maven
plugin to generate jooq tables at build time. But Now I want to create jooq
tables at runtime. So I was going through some articles where we can
generate jooq tables at runtime using groovy or kotlin script. Is this a
correct way or any other alternative.
// Create a Groovy script that generates jOOQ classes def script = """
import org.jooq.codegen.GenerationTool import org.jooq.meta.jaxb.* import
org.jooq.meta.extensions.* import org.jooq.meta.* import java.io.* def
config = new Configuration() config.withJdbc(new Jdbc() .withDriver("c
om.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver") .withUrl("jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/mydatabase")
.withUser("myuser") .withPassword("mypassword")) config.withGenerator(new
Generator() .withDatabase(new Database() .withName(
"org.jooq.meta.mysql.MySQLDatabase") .withIncludes(".*") .withExcludes("")
.withInputSchema("public")) .withGenerate(new Generate() .withPojos(true)
.withDaos(true)) .withTarget(new Target() .withPackageName(
"com.example.generated") .withDirectory("/path/to/generated/classes"))) def
tool = new GenerationTool() tool.run(config, new PrintWriter(System.out)) """
// Evaluate the Groovy script to generate jOOQ classes GroovyShell shell =
new GroovyShell(); shell.evaluate(script); // Use the generated jOOQ
classes in your application DSLContext context = DSL.using(dataSource,
SQLDialect.MYSQL); MyTableRecord record =
context.selectFrom(MY_TABLE).where(MY_TABLE.ID.eq(1)).fetchOne();