Merover a écrit :
Hi

Hi,

I am using jOpenDocument to retrieve values from a large number of ods
files. One of the values in each file
is a part number which in some cases returns as a string and in some
other cases returns as a float.

Can you please send your file, this usually means that some of your cells have the wrong type (i.e. Number instead of String).

If
it returns as a float I have problems with the precision. For example,
if the part number is 60001399 it will return as
6.00014E+7 which if I convert it to a string results in 60001400. Any
ideas what I can do about it? I have tried to
return it into a double but that's only giving me an cast exception.

If that's what I think it is, you should just have to tell OpenOffice to treat your cells as text. Anyway there's a new method in svn to retrieve the text value of any cell : getTextValue().

Thanks for an otherwise great library. This small project of mine
wouldn't be possible without it.

   /M

Thanks

Cheers,