I've encountered a surprising problem using jOpenDocument to read ods file
created by libreoffice calc version 7.0.1:  the contents of text cells are
returned as null.

I've been using jOpenDocument to read ods files for years and have never
encountered any problems before.

E.g. I have an ods file with text in cell 0,0 of the first sheet, which I
access with:

    File ods = new File("some_file.ods");
    SpreadSheet spreadSheet = SpreadSheet.createFromFile(ods);
    Sheet sheet = spreadSheet.getFirstSheet();
    MutableCell x = sheet.getCellAt(0,0);

Then
    x.isValid(); // returns true
    x.isEmpty(); // returns false
    x.getValueType(); // returns STRING

*But*

    x.getValue(); // returns null
    x.getTextValue(); // returns null

This problem turned up when I upgraded to libreoffice 7.01, specifically
1:7.0.1~rc1-1~bpo10+1 amd64. It occurs in any file created *or opened *by
libreoffice calc version 7.0.1

FYI I'm using jOpenDocument-1.4rc2 on a debian 10 (buster) system.

Reverting to version 1.6.5-3 (1:6.1.5-3+deb10u6) solves the problem.  In
fact, a file created with version 7.01 that has subsequently been opened
with version 1.6.5-3 is readable.

The problem does not occur reading 'float' cells.  I have not tested other
cell types.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing a problem like this?

It would be a quite serious problem if jOpenDocument can't read files
created by future versions of libreoffice.

Thanks,

--

---