A nice pet project, this could help in training local developers with how
open source projects work. But the thing that this CMS must absolutely
address is bi-directionality (not to mention UTF-8 all the way, but i'm sure
you already did that). Please tell me you have that in mind from the ground
up.

On 3/18/07, Khair-ed Din Husseini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>  I was expecting this reaction ;)
>
> I started development on the CMS for the sake of fun and learning.
> However, I think that it could be something "new". Not really new for sure.
>
> I tried to upload a demo of the CMS, but since it is not a stable version
> I have to tweak it a little to run on a linux server. I think I will have
> something up and running by the end of the week. As for the question of
> modality, well, the system practically consist only of modules. It is a bit
> difficult for me to explain everything, so I will prepare some sheets and
> UML diagrams that hopefully will explain the general concept.
>
>
>
> I didn't check other systems but at first I was thinking of extending
> others. However, when I began development I wanted to make a blogging
> system, so I started to work on wordpress which in my eyes is one big pile
> of shit work. Yes, the system is nice, and easy to use, but development on
> it is hell. When you see the code by the end of the week you might also
> notice a big difference in naming conventions and style of coding compared
> to popular open-source projects. I have been marked by the M$ standards so
> please forgive me in advance ;)
>
>
>
> Anyway, I would be glad if anyone would be interested in helping me
> developing the CMS after I finished introducing it to you guys. Maybe it
> would not be abad idea after all to have something coming from an arab
> country…
>
>
>
> Cheers,
>
>
>
> Mozzy
>
>
>
> *From:* [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] *On Behalf
> Of *Ala'a Ibrahim
> *Sent:* Friday, March 16, 2007 16:45
> *To:* [email protected]
> *Subject:* [JoPHP] Re: CMS Development
>
>
>
> well, I 2nd abdallah, if your CMS doesn't provide anything new, why to
> develop it, if it does, haven't you considered to added it to a CMS system
> that already exist.
>
> On 3/14/07, *Abdallah* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Salam Alaikum Khair Eddin
>
>
> What makes your CMS different than established open source CMSs out there
> in the wild?  Last I checked there are over 300 CMSs and 10s of frame works.
>
>
> How well can it play with other php apps?  How modular is your design?
>
>
>
> Is there a demo somewhere?
>
> Too many questions. Sorry.
>
> Abdallah
>
>
>
>
>
>  On 3/14/07, *Khair-ed Din Husseini* < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Hey guys,
>
> I know this might not be the right time but I'll give it a shot anyway.
> The past year I have been developing a PHP Framework and CMS. However, it
> was more or less a POC than a hit to a stable application. I decided now to
> attack the flaws in the system and working on PHP5 however this task is very
> tedious and a lot of things have to be rewritten and fixed (security flaws,
> performance etc. etc.). I was wondering if you guys are interested in making
> it a JoPHP project.
>
> The architecture is like to 70% set, all is left the implementation in PHP
> and extending the flexibility of the system.
>
>
>
> What do you think?
>
>
>
> Mozzy
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
>                                  Ala'a A. Ibrahim
> http://guru.alaa-ibrahim.com/
>
> >
>


-- 
Al-Faisal El-Dajani
Phone: +962-7-77 799 781
P.O Box: 140056
11814 Amman, Jordan

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Jordan PHP Users Group" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/JoPHP
http://Jolug.org/
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to