hi Faisal,
I think there are no huge differences between using the tow ways , but I
think you should think in this case in the maintainability of your code,  if
another developer read the query which join 8 tables , may be he confused ,
So I will use PHP as glue.

hafez :)

On 3/28/07, Al-Faisal El-Dajani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Hello guys,
>
> I was just trying to write a complex SQL statement and it came to my mind,
> what would be more effecient? one huge monolithic statement with outer joins
> and subqueries and all? or break it down to 3 or 4 consecutive SQL
> statements and use PHP to glue them together?
> I'm using MySQL with InnoDB transaction manager, the mysql api for php
> (not mysqli, i don't know if this matters), and almost all fields that i
> need for join are indexed. Is it better to do one statement that joins 8
> tables and has 2 levels of subqueries, or break it down to 4 seperate
> statements and join them with php?
>
> --
> Al-Faisal El-Dajani
> Phone: +962-7-77 799 781
> P.O Box: 140056
> 11814 Amman, Jordan
> >
>


-- 
Hafez A.Ahmad
Amman-Jordan
mobile:962-785259011

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Jordan PHP Users Group" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/JoPHP
http://Jolug.org/
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to