Hi

JWS Signature is the signature only. It does not repeat the payload.

Best,

Nat Sakimura

From: jose [mailto:jose-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Beth Lee
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 11:36 AM
To: jose@ietf.org
Subject: [jose] Does JWS signature relate with JWS payload?

Hi. I'm Jin.

I have curious about JWS signatrue in JWT.

I already read the JWT spec inforation from
https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7515.txt
But I'm still confusted about JWS signatrue contains or relate with JWS Payload
value or not.

I knew that JWT contained with 3 part. (JOSE Header, JWS Payload, JWS Signatrue)

When I read the spec information.
I understood that JWS signature value doesn't contain the JWS payload value.

Am I right? Then how can I check data integrity based on JSW signature ?
(I guess I'm not right.)

I really want to solve my question but I can't reache the answers.

So please give me some advice.

Best regards,
Jin