On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 16:14 +0100, Alexander Wright wrote:
> As a JOSM user, I can say that it would be much nicer if JOSM could handle
> errors gracefully, rather than crash, potentially taking hours of work I'd
> forgotten to back up with it.

I've actually been really happy with it after it crashes and I give it
the "Do Nothing" click in the crash dialog.  It seems to run fine at
least long enough to press save.

But, you're right, it isn't acceptable to have it crash and lose work.

An autosave feature should be pretty painless to code up.  Perhaps save
every 60 seconds or something into .file.osm.swp like vim does.

-- Dave