On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Gervase Markham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
>> In my opinion it is extremely bad form for your first email about a
>> project to be "let's refactor the codebase".
>
> Can you quote an example of where someone has actually done that? (As
> opposed to, say, "I tried to implement this feature but I found it
> really difficult. Has anyone considered refactoring? I'm happy to help.")

http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/dev/2007-October/007237.html

This is one I found fairly quickly, but there are others. Hopefully
this will put to bed the comments of the form "but that never actually
happens" because it certainly did.

Can we now get back on to topic: making improvements to JOSM which may
in the process involve some code refactoring.

Have a nice da,y
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> http://svana.org/kleptog/