Hi,

    I haven't followed the new WMS plugin development much but it seems
to be a good development - thank you to all involved. Someone on the
talk list has also written he's quite happy with it.

There is one thing that confounds me. It seems that the scale for a
given layer is fixed the moment I download it initially. When I then
zoom in, everything is "pixelized" from blowing up the bitmap (something
that a normal WMS client would do differently but it is acceptable).
However when I then, while zoomed in, pan off the loaded area into the
void, the data that is loaded from the WMS is *still* on the original
scale and thus pixelized, as if I had zoomed out, then loaded, then
zoomed in again.

Is this by design? If I do a new WMS download while zoomed in, I get a
second layer (same name) with more details. What happens if I now zoom
out and pan around, will JOSM then try and fetch gargantuan bitmaps and
scale them down?

Bye
Frederik