On Jul 25, 2009, at 12:53 AM, Karl Guggisberg wrote:

>> I only realised that there was two delete buttons last night.
>> I think that there needs to be a better tooltop message,
> Any proposals for better messages?

make them consistent in the terms used

1) Remove all members of currently selected object from relation
should match this tooltip
2) Remove this member .....

Is there a difference between object and primitive? otherwise use the
same for all add/remove tool tips.

>> ... and icon to denote all or just that instance.
> Proposals for better icons would be appreciated too.

icon on the right side to remove all members should be similar to the
add to icons with a arrow from left to right or just a arrow.

>> Why do the two buttons need to be so far apart?
> Before there were two delete buttons in the botom row an we've got
> several
> tickets in JOSM trac because
> it wasn't clear enough in what sense they were different.
> They are no so far apart  because they are placed in their
> "context". The
> button on the left is close
> to the list of members. It deletes *all selected members*.
> The button on the right is close to the list of *selected
> primitives*. It
> deletes all members referring
> to one of the selected primitives.
> If I have to *explain* why they are placed where they are placed now
> the
> idea is obviously not intuitive enough, though.
> Any alternative proposals?

I think the left button is what most want to use. the right one should
be the exception and it does something non intuitive.
idea 1: make this button really look dangerous e.g. in red

idea 2: remove the right button completely. instead make it possible
to select all members of the same primitive
now clicking a object in the left list selects a primitive in the
layout and adds it in the right list. this can be done also from right
to left list. simply clicking may interfere with the selection
behavior in the layout especially when multiple objects are selected.
So it might be better to have a menu on right click where you can
select deselect all members of an object

good work so far functionality is really great now!