On Wed, 12 Aug 2009, Ulf Lamping wrote:

> Unfortunately, the text now looks pretty strange, as the macro
> [[Version(running)]] not only contains the plain version string (as I
> would expect it), but also something like: "- aktive Version ist 1788"

I reverted the change. The new design was meant to be a website as well as
the josm start screen. Thus the "Your running version" must be fully
inside josm.

Any change of the wording must take this into account.

We can change all texts and the text positions, but the running version
must be an optional part (i.e. only a hint in the webpage source code)
instead of explicitely displayed text.

BTW: If you change texts, you need to add an x in front of all other
languages or they come out of sync.

> How to solve this? I would tend to reduce the macro [[Version(running)]]
> to display only the version number and nothing else. However, I don't
> know how/where to change this.

GettingStarted.java line 67:

  replace("<!-- VERSION -->", tr("- running version is {0}", version))

Ciao