On Mon, 7 Dec 2009, Frederik Ramm wrote:

   interesting post by Matt on this blog:

http://www.asklater.com/matt/wordpress/2009/12/editor-retention/

He arrives at the result that JOSM users are the ones most likely to
stay with their editor. (Well... what else is available?)

: JOSM, somewhat surprisingly, has more changesets total and with bboxes, : but maybe that’s just because until recently every upload was it’s own : changeset.

Actually I'm not surprised. I think most power users will use JOSM, so more changesets are the result. Would be interesting to get the rate of changed elements per changeset for each editor. That would distinguish power users from minor edits.

Also nice would be the "created_by" count in OSM data. Due to silently dropping them, JOSM's usage is also easy to see :-)

Ciao