On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 4:55 PM, Henry Loenwind <he...@loenwind.info> wrote:

> On 13.02.2010 14:24, Dirk Stöcker wrote:
>
> > I would not care about that any more. Java 1.5 support will be dropped
> > with next release and we have<  4% Java 5 users (actually I only see
> > "page impressions", not "users"). Suggestion for these is to update.
>
> Update like in "buy a new pc"? Yeah, people will just love you ;)
>
> Java 1.6 still is not available for all platforms that run 1.5. And it
> seems that won't change---so with going to 1.6 you'd lock out all Mac
> users but those with a 64-bit Intel processor. In my opinion its still
> too early to lock out all those 32bit Intel processor (e.g. Core Duo)
> users without any real reason.

this is wrong all intel based macs support snow leopard which includes java
1.6
leopard 1.6 support is 64bit only
if someone doesn't upgrade the OS why upgrade josm? old josm versions will
still work
only G* based macs have no official 1.6 support.
there is also soylatte which may work. but have never tested josm only
osmosis, or mkgmap