Sebastian Klein wrote:
Frederik Ramm wrote:
Hi,

Sebastian Klein wrote:
Good idea. I modified it a little, because the buttons and their icons might be somewhat misleading. For me, the cancel icon is associated with "Take me back, I don't want to break anything here!" rather than "Beware! Don't click this button!".

Yes, your version is better.

Also added "don't show this message again"-checkbox.

That, in my eyes, should not be done. It's too easy to check it once and then forget. I think if something is as important as useful changeset comments, then it is ok to not make it *too* easy for users to misbehave.

We should not patronise the users too much.

Personally I only check a "don't show this message again"-box if I'm 100% sure I understood the message and I really, really don't want it to show up again. Extra care is taken if the text is long (as in this case) and it shows at a critical moment (upload).

But if others share Frederik's view, I'm happy to remove it again.

PS: What about reintroducing the hard 3 letter threshold?

Firstly people are already used to it (I even thought it was enforced by the API) and secondly it would bring the changeset comment to attention for people who have permanently dismissed the new dialog for <10 characters.

Sebastian