On Sat, 27 Aug 2011, Stefan Breunig wrote:

More important though: to achieve this I create the map frame once on
start and never destroy it. Is there any disadvantage I missed? I know
about the bug where the view in the download diag is reset to 0.0, 0.0
and that code depending on notifyMapFrameChanged will have to be
adjusted and simply assume the map frame is there.

If this really is a good idea?

Still need to figure out a way to make toolbar buttons actually
toggle-able and to prevent windows from the last group to appear in the
toolbar-prefs if toolbar.updateUI is called after they have been opened.

put("toolbar", null) prevents toolbar entries.

Ciao