Hi! I've read http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Pieren/diary/15098 and it seems that many people share an opinion that dynamic buttons are better turned off. After I installed @4512, I was rather stunned: what? where? It is hard to plan mouse movements when there is no destination visible. And really, does hiding action buttons really help? Properties panel is there not to check tags, but to edit them. Layers panel — to change layers. Why display extra lines, if you still need to scroll to do something with them?

So, could we please have dynamic buttons turned off by default?

IZ