Saying "at any time in the future, the josm core can take over
existing plugins shortcuts because we find it so cute and plugins will
have to accept it" (1) is another one. This is a kind of arrongance
and disrespect of JOSM plugins users and devs.

We did setup a shortcut collection page including core and plugin
shortcuts and we will choose proper shortcuts in future (which will not
be easy, as most keys already have all 8 possibilities used) avoiding
rearrangments when possible.

But the core is more important. So when we need a specific key in future,
the plugins need to step back.

Plugins have a lower usage count than core and thus it is logically they can't be considered equal. Beside the two windows auto-installed plugins
only 3 others reach more than 20% installations (of all installations
which have at least 1 plugin installed, others aren't counted):

*22.4% utilsplugin2
*24.2% PicLayer
*33.2% buildings_tools

So, by changing the only shortcut used in building_tools plugin, you've inconvienced "only" 33% of your users? Way to go! Good thing not all of them know about trac and this mailing list. And I see that other two plugins mentioned have to change their shortcuts regularly as well.

IZ