On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 1:18 AM, Russ Nelson <nel...@crynwr.com> wrote:
> Dirk Stöcker writes:
>  > On Mon, 30 Apr 2012, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>  >
>  > > is also not planned I think). There's just one big annoyance
>  > > introduced: the key for delete mode. This now is impossible to select
>  > > with just one hand, so you have to get the other hand off the mouse
>  > > which really disturbs workflow.
>  >
>  > The <D> key removal was actually requested, as too many people
>  > accidentially deleted stuff.
>
> Oh, good, then can we get rid of the "drag to move things" feature for
> ways?  Most of what I would call "vandalism" turns out to be somebody
> who dragged a whole way when they meant to move a single node. This
> problem has become worse since the ability to move a node which is
> part of a selected way was taken away.

You can still move a node that is part of a way. Your mouse cursor
just has to be inside the tiny square. I think there used to be a
small buffer around it that got removed. You can bump the node size up
in the advanced settings (mappaint.node.unselected-size) which will
make the target you have to hit a little bigger but will also make it
display larger on the screen which may or may not be desirable.
Partially because of this I tend to just use the "w" mode to move
nodes that are part of a way.

But I do get hit by this every once in a while and usually it produces
an expletive :)

Toby