Hello,

out of curiosity I read some old mails in josm-dev and found that exactly 4 years ago, in June 2008 I appeared in JOSM world with a set of patches (I usually do so :-) and little knowledge. Frederik soon gave me SVN access to get rid of the task to checkin all my patches and in February 2009 he even convinced me to completely take over maintainership.

For software 4 years is a long time and when reading the discussions in this list not everything has been easy but we all have done a great deal of work. JOSM is much much better than it was in 2008. When going from release to release and from bug to bug you don't really see how much it really improved. JOSM is now a mature tool, but still has some dark corners (e.g. the conflict resolution).

So I want to say a big THANKS to all of you contributing to JOSM. To the developers and supporters still active as well to those who no longer participate.

Ciao