On 11/08/2012 05:03 AM, Nelson A. de Oliveira wrote:
Hi!

While validating some places I usually see JOSM saying that "presets
do not contain property value" when I am sure that the values are
valid.

For example:

key 'abandoned' not in presets
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:abandoned)
key 'nat_ref' not in presets (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:ref)
key 'playground' not in presets (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Playground)
key 'reg_name' not in presets (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:name)
value 'assemblies_of_god' for key 'denomination'
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Denomination)
value 'clinic' for key 'amenity'
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dclinic)
value 'evergreen' for key 'wood' (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:wood)
value 'gas' for key 'shop' (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:shop%3Dgas)
value 'git' for key 'shop' (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Shop)
value 'ice_cream' for key 'amenity'
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dice_cream)
value 'love_hotel' for key 'amenity'
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dlove_hotel)
value 'mtb' for key 'route' (it's there in
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:route)
value 'raceway' for key 'highway'
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Draceway)
value 'retirement_home' for key 'amenity'
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dretirement_home)
value 'social_facility' for key 'amenity'
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dsocial_facility)
values 'pasta' and 'mediterranean' for key 'cuisine'
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Cuisine)

Well, you can get an idea I think :-)

Is there a better way to find these keys/tags/values that are being
used and valid but that are not included in JOSM?

Good question, maybe we can use Taginfo stats...

Is it known that some of these values are indeed missing?
Are there plans to update JOSM with them?

There are no long-term plans that I'm aware of. Tagging and Mapstyle related tasks sometimes get neglected, if no one from the team is interested in this topic. So we rely on input from users like you. :)

It is quite easy to add "exceptions" for this validation test, they are listed in this file:

http://josm.openstreetmap.de/browser/josm/trunk/data/ignoretags.cfg

You can add your entries and send us the extended version (or a patch if you like).

(Note that tags that are used somewhere in the presets will be found automatically and need not be added to the whitelist.)

Paul