On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 12:30:25PM -0700, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to this list so please bear with me.
> The relation editor currently only parses 'forward' and 'backward'
> roles when considering the visual representation in the rightmost
> column. In the United States, north/south and east/west are very
> common as member roles for road routes, because that is how they are
> officially signposted.

I would be very careful in using this. Is this really "south" e.g.
180° ? Or is it more like 99° ? Or 269° ?

Most streets are not strictly on the 90° raster and signposts are
only rough directions.

Addings this to OSM might make it much more difficult for Data Consumers
to process and interpret data.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                 f...@zz.de