Thanks for the replies.
I am trying to steer clear off too complex solutions that requires too much
supporting infrastructure, as it is only meant as a debugging tool and not
something that I want to make publicly available for viewing.

My solution at present is to create ways using josm remote which gives me a
great way of quickly checking the way(gpx track) compared to existing data
and/or imagery.

Regards

On 18 January 2014 17:20, Richard Welty <rwe...@averillpark.net> wrote:

> On 1/18/14 11:58 AM, Gerhardus Geldenhuis wrote:
> > Hi
> > I am playing around with gps data from a tracking company and need
> > something that can easily visualize gps tracks. Since I use JOSM very
> > frequently for OSM editing I thought it would be the logical choice.
> >

> you may want to look at viking, it's a general purpose, open
> source tool for viewing & manipulating GPS tracks. it runs on
> most platforms.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/viking/
>
> richard
> --
> rwe...@averillpark.net
>  Averill Park Networking - GIS & IT Consulting
>  OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux
>  Java - Web Applications - Search

Gerhardus Geldenhuis