On 02/03/2014 01:35 PM, Martin Vonwald wrote:
Hi!

Is there any known way in a MapCSS style to either escape special
characters (regarding SVG) or replace some characters within a text?

I want to build an embedded svg containing text from a tag. I need to
escape special characters from the text, otherwise the text will no display
correctly.

There is a replace function [1]. I'm guessing you want to use SVG as data url, so need to URL-encode the SVG source? It shouldn't be too difficult to provide a function for that (we can use java.net.URLEncoder). Please open a ticket if it is needed.

[1] <http://josm.openstreetmap.de/doc/org/openstreetmap/josm/gui/mappaint/mapcss/ExpressionFactory.Functions.html#replace(java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.lang.String)>

Paul