On Tue, 15 Dec 2015, Stephan Knauss wrote:

Dirk Stöcker writes:

Cert chain is/was complete. It seems Java still does not include StartSSL, but Unix versions and browsers use the system certstore. So standalone non-Unixes fail. All others work.

probably you wanted to say WOsign here, but yes, neither that, nor Startcom nor IdenTrust (for Let's Encrypt) is included in the Java store.

No. Really StartSSL. Wosign main cert is signed by StartSSL and I always supply the whole chain from Intermediate, Wosign main to StartSSL (although e.g. Firefox has all of these 3 already included).

Just to have it as a reference in the mailing list archives: In the support forum Let's Entrypt said they had applied to be included in Oracles cacert list. So hopefully for the next renewal we'll have a better alternative.

As far as I know StartSSL also tried and had no success till now and probably gave up.

This is the command to dump the contents of the certificate store to see whether a specific CA is included.

Well I use Linux and here it worked.

The last time I used Windows was when I wanted to update my Windows 8 to 10. Took 2 days and the result is a broken OS (at least it booted once) and I will now expand my Linux partition and drop Windows completely. Still have an older Vista in a VM for seldom use. :-)

Ciao