On Wed, 24 Aug 2016, Michael Zangl wrote:

Google summer of code has officially ended.

and thus it's also time to thank Michael for all the work he did.

I accepted to be his mentor for this projects, but only after ensuring
that my two co-admins Paul and Vincent agreed to help me, because I
expected not to have enough time for really good mentorship.

But Michael actually is very good at what he did and Vincent did most of
the work integrating the patches which seldom needed much rework
(otherwise probably also Vincent would have come to his limits seeing the
amount of patches by Michael). So hid did not need much advise beside the discussions in the tickets.

And the result is very good. There isn't much visible to the user now
(maybe except more bug reports in the last two months :-), but a lot of
JOSM's main classes are much more future compatible than before. The only
similar changes I remember have been the display filtering mechanism and
the introduction of the QuadTree storage and both were essential for
allowing to grow JOSM with the increased demands.

I hope Michael will also find time in the future to contribute to JOSM
even if the student times are nearly over and real world awaits him :-)

Again a lot of thanks to Michael (and to Vincent)!

Ciao