The three plugins already translated at Transifex differ from the other plugins
also in a few other points:* they use another CI provider additionally to or
instead of the JOSM Jenkins instance (in this case Travis CI)* they use a
Gradle build additionally to or instead of the Ant build
These are not really prerequisites to use Transifex, but for the plugins built
with Gradle there's already kind of a procedure to migrate. For plugins using
Ant you'd need to adapt the Ant build first.
For plugins with a Gradle build (using the `gradle-josm-plugin`) the procedure
looks something like this:* add a `.tx/config` file to your plugin similar to
this one:
https://github.com/JOSM/Mapillary/blob/738be5f6f0f32b19d71dae3ffd15e6822ee3c1b4/.tx/config*
 ask one of the maintainers of the JOSM group at Transifex (e.g. me) to add you
as a maintainer* get a Transifex API token from
https://www.transifex.com/user/settings/api/* configure your CI to run
`./gradlew generatePot` each time a new commit is added to the repository,
which extracts the translatable strings to a *.pot file* let the CI run the
Transifex client to upload the *.pot file, e.g.:
https://github.com/JOSM/Mapillary/blob/3c4ec6ffdb9481df566fe6ff8cbdbd3282b6cb9b/.travis.yml#L61-L66*
 now when you want to update the translations of your plugin, run `./gradlew
transifexDownload` and the current translations are downloaded from Transifex.
As said above, this is not the only possible way to achieve this, just the one
that the plugins `geojson`, `Mapillary` and `scripting` chose. We could discuss
the different variants with their pros and cons and what would be the best way
to go for the pt_assistant plugin in the (video) conference for GSoC, that
we'll soon have anyway.
Cheers,floscher
P.S.: Please note that all this is probably heavily biased, since I started
this switch of some JOSM plugins to Gradle, git and Transifex.