On 2018-05-31 at 21:00 +0200 Dirk Stöcker wrote:
On Thu, 31 May 2018, Michael Zangl wrote:

We currently have all snapshot plugin jars including source/javadoc on the nexus server:

https://josm.openstreetmap.de/nexus/content/groups/public/org/openstreetmap/josm/plugins/

You can pull them from there if you need them for anything.

For local development, you could just check out and add the source directory of the plugin to your favorite IDE, you don't need a jar file for this.

You forget that the nexus server uses this build procedure. If it is disabled files will be gone there as well.

Hi,

That is the first hint what the sources and javadoc JARs are used for. Is there a description how the Nexus thing works? What targets does it call? How does it know what files are to be kept and from where to take them?

How about a new target like "dist-all" that can be used to generate everything that one can dream of? That target is used by Nexus or by whoever wants everything. The regular plugin developer will continue to use "dist". "dist-all" will generate the JARs in the dist directory, *-javadoc.jar and *-sources.jar are in the ignore list already. No SVN update/commit for sources.jar and javadoc.jar.

Regards,
Holger

PS: The shenron.openstreetmap.org mail server delays the emails, e.g. Dirks email was delayed by 8 hours. Does someone know why it does that? The messages show up in the mail archive immediately, but I need to wait until I get it to be able to reply.