I don't know if other people notice this too, but the new version of JOSM (14163) is noticably more shluggish than the previous version. Moving nodes is not fluent but jerky. And after some time it just stops responding. It starts with the same symptoms as I mentioned in bug 16403 [1] and then after a while it just stops working. It is just unresponsive without taking processor power.

Doing several restarts I notice different strange behaviours. I thought maybe it was related to having a large dataset open so now I have a smaller one, but now I have the "Add value?" dialog open and I can't change anything there and the ok, cancel or help buttons are unresponsive. And obviously I can't click on the main screen because the Add value? dialog is modal.
For some reason the JAVA debug screen is also unresponsive.

I'm going back to an older version because this does not work at all for me.

[1] <https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/16403>

Regards,
Maarten